Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pictures Galore

And now for a recap of the third full day of Stacey's visit -- Sunday Aug 21. We went on a hiking photo tour with the company Kauai Photo Tours and took loooooots of pictures. Before we set out for the day I bought a polarizer for my camera to give my pictures more color and definition, and I'm SO glad I did. 

First on our stop was Ho'opi'i Falls. Here's the river that feeds the falls:




The waterfall:




Our guide, Levi, having some fun:





The trail leading back to where we parked:





Next we went to Anahola beach park:



Stacey:



Me and Stacey:



Stacey and Scott:



Me, Stacey, and Charmaine:



And my favorite picture from the whole day:




We then stopped at Moloa'a:







And then at Larson's. In the foreground of the second photo is mold-covered lava rock:





On the way to Secrets, we stopped at a fruit stand where we got fresh coconut, starfruit, and liliko'i. Levi showed off his skills with a knife:





We then went to Secrets Beach. Here is a flower from a liliko'i plant along the trail down to the beach:



And a graffiti mural also on the trail:



Secrets:





We stopped at Foodland to grab lunch, then headed to tourist Lumahai to eat. I neglected to take pictures there because I was so consumed with my food and because, let's face it, I live here and can take pictures whenever I want. We were in a rush to get back, but we did take the time for a quick cliff jump and refreshing, leisurely swim back to shore.

On the way back to Kapa'a (where the tour had launched), we took a detour onto a dirt inland road that led to a beautiful overlook of the back of Anahola valley and Sleeping Giant. The picture doesn't do it justice.





After the tour, we ate dinner with our group at Hukilau Lanai, and then Stacey and I went to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which was better than I thought it was going to be! And that was Sunday.


2 comments:

Michelle Holodnak said...

Beautiful Pics, Laura!! Miss you.

Tristan Benette said...

Sunday. Hiking. Swimming. Fun! Your pictures reallyy show how lovely the places and activities were, especially the hiking and diving part. There are many places to do hiking there, yeah? One of the best things to do really is to snap pics while hiking, and snap a lot more when you get to the top.