Sunday, September 11, 2011

Clean clean clean!

I was literally about ten seconds from falling asleep before I realized that I forgot to blog, so -- not wanting to break my promise -- I pulled myself out of bed to type a few sentences.

I spent most of the day helping Shikinah and Ryan move into their new apartment. Shikinah and Abby (her sister) and I spent all morning deep cleaning the new place: scrubbing down baseboards, walls, and cupboards... bleaching stuff... vacuuming... etc. Then we moved five carloads of stuff (three in my car, two in Ryan's) from the old apartment to the new. We got all the shelving units installed and organized the kitchen, master bathroom, and part of the office. For being 7 months pregnant, Shikinah held up amazingly well all day!

I have to say, after spending a long work-week staring at a computer screen for 8+ hours a day, it is so refreshing to actually WORK and sweat and get dirty. Especially with good friends for company. Free meals don't hurt either. :)

No comments: