Friday, September 2, 2011

Mind: blown.

I learned something today.  You know that tennis-like British sport played with racquets and a birdie? It's called Badminton. NOT Badmitton. My entire life I've been saying it wrong and spelling it wrong (in my head, that is -- I think this is the first time I've written it.) I'm flabbergasted as to how I could have gone 24 years without being corrected. Another noteworthy fact: the birdies are called "shuttlecocks." Tee-hee.  

Today I also...

...discovered that I greatly enjoy saltine crackers.
...went impromptu grocery shopping with Olivia.
...began re-reading the Harry Potter series because I finally received a used copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone that I bought on Amazon for $4.00 (including shipping.) I'm doing this to celebrate the launch of the Pottermore website... is anyone as intrigued by it as I am?
...went for an evening swim on my own and floated on my back in the tiny swell -- is there anything more relaxing?
...worked.
...went to the Hanalei barbecue.
...watched some old episodes of Boy Meets World. Such a great show.
...started to make a list of books I've read. Why? Dunno.

No comments: