Friday, March 18, 2011

A tour of the outside of my house...

For anyone who has been wondering what my house looks like from the outside, here is a visual tour:
















I'm pretty sure the outside of the house has walls and windows and stuff, but I can't see past the spiders. I  tried to count them all, but lost track somewhere after fifty. And it's not just my house--they're all over the island, covering nearly all vertical surfaces. These X-shaped spiders build webs (see the awesome zig-zags on some of them?) and stay put, so I'm not nearly as afraid of them as I am the running, jumping cane spiders. Still, they give me the heebie-jeebies. It was only with the help of my zoom lens that I was able to muster the courage photograph them. Also, a few pictures were taken from inside looking out the window. Here's a little contest: without me telling you how many there are, who can find all the spiders in the last picture? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes!! 18?
~mom

Anonymous said...

Stephen and I (Cassie) agree with 18! :)

Anonymous said...

They are creepier when you enlarge the picture!!

NancyS