Thursday, March 24, 2011

Insomnia and HIM


Friends, family, strangers…

I’m off to HIM conference in Honolulu, which means I won’t be posting again until Sunday. Upon returning I shall have a plethora of stories and (perhaps) pictures to share, as well as a recap of the first few days of this week, which were filled with fun. On another note, here’s an account of the hours I’ve slept this week:


Sunday night: 2 hours

Monday night: 4 hours

Tuesday night: 6 hours (which includes a nap from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. the next morning)

Wednesday night: 2 hours  


This is the first time I’ve battled legitimate insomnia… I've found it leaves one feeling rather raw during the day. And exhausted. I don’t have high hopes for getting much sleep during HIM, but there’s no way that’s going to spoil this trip. It just might make it more interesting.

‎"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." – Isaiah 40:29