Thursday, February 24, 2011

Parents' Visit to Kauai: Day 5


So I guess I should blog, huh?

I’ve completely lost all motivation to do so. But the good news is that the reason for the lack of blogging motivation is because I’ve been doing a lot of writing and outlining for a couple of my own projects, which I’m getting really excited about. Compared to those projects, blogging seems lackluster. And to be honest, I actually forgot about it.

But I’ll continue with a brief update on what I’ve been up to: …not much.

Monday was a fun night. I picked up Chris 1 (from the couchsurfing bonfire last week) and we met a group of CSers (couchsurfers) at Kalapaki Joe’s for dinner, then walked across the street to play pool at Nawiliwili Tavern, then drove up the street for karaoke at Rob’s Good Time Grill. The night began with me, Chris 1, Chris 2, Raul (who is visiting from Barcelona—amazing accent), and two of Chris 2’s local friends (Robin and some other girl who’s name I can’t remember… but it started with an “A” and had five letters in it.), but by the time we finished eating at Kalapaki Joe’s, the two girls had left. So it was Raul, the Chrises, and me for the rest of the night. We were all pretty evenly matched at pool (read: terrible), but I think Chris 1 and I might have somehow won all four games. We didn’t exactly observe all the rules, so it’s hard to tell. And karaoke was surprisingly awesome. Other than that, my week has been pretty routine. I picked my employer up from the airport on Tuesday (he’d been traveling for a while), so work has picked up a bit now that he’s back.

So! Day 5 (Sat. Feb. 5) of my parents’ trip to Kauai was slow and relaxing, which was a nice break after the fullness of Day 4. We slept in, then I picked my parents up and we went shopping in Hanalei. Dad exchanged a shirt I’d gotten him for Christmas (didn’t fit), and we spent some time wandering in and out of the shops. We had lunch at Kalypso, a cool little restaurant with bamboo wall coverings, then we drove up to Ke’e beach at the end of the road. We walked the beach a little ways and took some pictures of the seriously massive waves coming in over the reef. (Dad has the pictures; I’ll get them from him sometime.) After Ke’e, we went back to the resort and sat around the pool for a while (I played Angry Birds), then got in the hot tub. I promise I’ll have pictures from Day 6. :)

Aloha!

No comments: