Sunday, February 13, 2011

Parents' Visit to Kauai: Day 3

Quick recap of my day (just for the sake of documentation): went to church, came home and finished up some work, then met some friends at the pier (in Hanalei.) The beach was crowded, so we went instead to a pool in Princeville. The girl who had the key to get into the pool area couldn’t find it (the key), so we scaled the fence and spent a few hours switching between playing Frisbee in the pool and lounging in the hot tub. All in all, a good day. :)

Last Thursday (Feb 3), my parents and I drove down to Waimea Canyon, an excursion that took most of the day. It was a nice day, but there’s not a whole lot to write about (and my brain is exhausted from typing all day long, with the exception of the swimming break). The panoramic picture was taken with my iPhone.








On the way back to Princeville, we stopped at the Sunshine Market in Kilauea, where I bought rhambutans and a fresh coconut (they chop it for you and give you a straw.) We ran into my friend Michelle, and then randomly met an 85-year old woman who moved to Kauai from Alliance, Ohio (the town next to where I grew up) and used to teach gym at Maple Ridge (an elementary school in our school district.) After dropping off my parents at their resort, I went to Radnight. We played staff vs. kids tackle football, and I scored a touchdown. I was so proud. I don’t even care that my opponents were middle-schoolers. I’m just happy that I knew which direction to run once I got the ball. Plus, some of those kids are fast!

Alright, I’m burnt out. Time to relax. Goodnight! 

No comments: