Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Random Pictures

Because today was a long day of work and not much else, tonight is a good time for a Random Picture Post.  These are leftover shots that didn't make it into previous entries.  We'll go chronologically. :)

These are two shots of Hanakapi'ai Falls (the intense 8-mile hike from a couple weeks ago) taken on my iPhone.  I forgot they were on there until today... they're completely unedited and are better than the pictures I took with the D90! 






My employer is having some sort pipe system installed around the house (no idea what for), so on Saturday I spent a while taking establishing shots of where the pipes lie in relation to the house.  On the way back inside, I snapped this shot of the coconut tree that stands beside the driveway.  My employer has warned me more than once about the dangers of walking underneath one--a coconut to the head can kill you.  (I'm sure that's true, but I think he's being a little dramatic.  The chances of one not falling on my head are pretty good.)    




And before I left for the Fall Festival on Sunday, I spent a few minutes photographing a gaggle of Nene that had wandered into the front yard.






My employer recently bought a new point-and-shoot, but wanted me to play with it a bit to decide if it was worth keeping or if it should be returned.  I took a few random shots around the house: the first two are of the foyer/entranceway floor, and the second is of the hallway leading down to the garage (but the picture looks so much cooler if you imagine that the hallway leads to some super secret room full of treasure or an alternate universe or something equally exciting.  Maybe the Hall of Prophecy?  I'm getting excited for the first installment of Deathly Hallows in a few weeks!)  








The waves on the North Short were HUMUNGOUS today.  I kept looking over my shoulder at them as I worked on my computer all day, but at the suggestion of my employer, I did take a break to photograph them.  Usually the bay is calm and flat, but you can tell by the white froth how stirred up the water was.  (Photos taken from my office patio.) 







And last but not least, here's a short video clip I shot of a surfer catching one of the massive north shore winter waves.  Aloha!


No comments: