Thursday, November 4, 2010

Long Day, Boring Post

This is just a straight-forward, "What I Did Today" post.  I'm exhausted from working all day (had to skip Bible Study), but I'll take the time to blog quickly just for the sake of documentation.

This afternoon I ran to Walmart in Lihue for my employer.  Afterwards, I decided to check out Kukui Grove Center--the Lihue shopping mall.  It was cute!  A little big like a (very) small-scale Aurora Farms.  There were no fun fountains or boardwalks or anything, but there were seating areas in the...

Hang on.  I'm having a complete mental block and can't think of the word I'm looking for.  What is a small outdoor space called that's only accessible through a building?  Malone University has one in the Johnson center--a grassy...  COURTYARD!!!  Nevermind!  Wow.  It literally took me ten minutes to come up with that.  I tried about twenty keywords on google and an online thesaurus, and it finally came to me as soon as I referenced Malone.  Whew, what a relief!

Anyway.  There were outdoor seating areas in the courtyard between buildings, and a removable stage for liver performances in the center of the courtyard.  There weren't many stores... Macy's, Sears, Kmart, Claire's, Deja Vu, Sunglass Hut, a few shoe stores, a few drugstores, a couple eateries and smoothie/ice cream shops.  I wandered around for a bit before getting dinner at a Mexican place called La Bamba.  It was still a little early for dinner, so I was one of the only ones there, but it was quiet and relaxing.  When I first sat down, the Spanish version of "You are Worthy of My Praise"(an old-school Christian worship song from, like, the 90s) was playing over the sound system.  On the way back to my car, I popped into Cold Stone and got a Dark Chocolate Peppermint cone.  It melted fast, but I ate it faster.

I snapped a couple shots (not great quality) with my iPhone while I was out.  Here's the view of the mountains from the Kukui Grove parking lot:



Here's Kukui Grove from the center courtyard:



The inside of La Bamba:



And here's a shot I took for JC while driving home (can you tell my windshield is dirty?)... haven't stopped in this store yet, but I have a day of shopping planned in Kapaa for tomorrow, so maybe I'll hit it up!




Aloha! :)

No comments: