Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Illusions

My, have I been in a funk the last few days. I think I've been caught in some sort of time-continuum vortex or between here and an alternate dimension or something. Lots of looking at my hand in front of my face and wondering if the experience/sight/sense of it is the same as the reality of it type of moments. Getting lost in my thoughts and wondering if it's actually possible to fly, wondering if dreams are as True as wakefulness. Brain-in-a-vat suspicions.

But enough of that. Here are two Very Real Pictures of a Very Real Rainbow taken from my Very Real Lanai this afternoon. (Whatever "real" means.)

Of course, a rainbow is nothing more than a grand-scale optical illusion -- a trick played on the eyes, which see an arc of colors as a result of refracted light. A distortion of reality. How appropriate.


No comments: